Sunday, April 06, 2008

Friday I was trying to take a short cut on a road through Island Ford Park (National Park)in Sandy Springs from the Roberts Road direction. I ended up at the visitors center and asked where the through gate was that connected to Northridge Road. The man behind the desk got mad at me and said that I should be ticketed for riding in the park. I got out of there because he was getting really mad and it was pouring outside.

Well, I now know how to get through the park and I can't for the life of me see what the big deal is. The road is all paved and there is a gate but people are coming and going in/from the park all the time. I am starting to think he thought I was on a mountain bike and wanted to ride in the park on trails. So, I WILL be using the short cut. I am not being a rebel, it just makes too much sense to go that way.

As a caveat, the short cut is not easier at all. There are 3 leg-breaking climbs up from the river level. But, it is more scenic then the Northridge/GA 400 intersection, and safer too.

Oh yeah, and today I had a nice failure of a Shimano Ultegra rear derailleur cog. It cracked clean through the plastic. No harm done though, I was just surprised to see the damage as I cleaned my bike.

No comments: