Monday, August 06, 2007

On Tap This Week

I took it easy today since yesterday was pretty tough on me. I'll bet many folks who did the century feel the same way.

This week I will do two interval sessions concentrating on VO2 max. Tuesday will be 6x5(4) and Thursday will be 7x3(3). The 4 minute rest intervals tomorrow will be tough. I normally need 5 minutes recovery in between. The 3 minute intervals are more manageable and I can do all 7 back to back, taking each on/off with no rest.

Wednesday will be a recovery day. Friday I will commute to school and work in 60 minutes at tempo power unless I melt in the heat. I will also work in 2, 39x17 sprints; 4, 53x17 sprints; and 2, 53x15 sprints (all sprints are 12 seconds).

Sunday I will try and either find a group ride over 2.5 hours, or I will ride by myself for the same length, concentrating on as much tempo as possible.

In a few weeks cyclocross workouts will start on Sundays but it is really too early for that. I understand the need to do them since it is really fun. I will try to do some but will probably ride from another location to the practice and back since I have a lot more to get done then just the CX workout.

The Marietta practices will start right around Labor Day and I cannot wait for those.

Everything gets more specific now and weeks 7-12 will be very, very tough.

No comments: