Tuesday, August 28, 2007

8x30 Seconds Over 450 Watts

Today I had a physical exam which included the usual poking and prodding. Once finished, I was informed in the waiting room that a lady had hit my car in the lot. She lost control in the parking lot, jumped the curb and skidded into my car and a small tree. My front driver side light and bumper took a bump and now the real hassle of getting it fixed begins.

I headed on down to do 8x.30(.30) intervals over 450watts. I warmed up for about 20 minutes and then set the watch for 30 seconds. I did them on/off and although it was not as painful as the 1 minute intervals last week, it was still hard. My best 30 second interval was around 490w. These were not all out efforts and I tried not to go over 500w for the interval. My best mean maximal power for 30 seconds was 993watts back on July 27th. My best speed today for 30 seconds was 26.6 mph.

The rest of the ride was spent doing either tempo or easy pace.

Riding on my normal route near the Chattahoochee is great. It is very scenic, quiet, and every now and then you get a nice cool breeze off of the water which is about 5-10 degrees colder than the air.

No comments: