Tuesday, August 21, 2007

8x1 The Fun

Either I am a wuss or JBV is trying to kill me. This 4 week block was the one I cringed at when I saw the training plan. Mainly more anerobic efforts with some tempo on the easier days. The 8x1 minute set with power over 400W and with 1 minute rest in between efforts almost killed me yesterday in the 96 degree heat.

I set my watch countdown timer to 1 minute and after warm up I set it off and started the workout. By the 4th effort I was pretty baked but my power looked good. At that point in the heat I decided to take 2 minutes off and then do a second set of 4. I realize the whole set was supposed to be 8 back to back but with the environmental conditions that hot (heat index around 103) I rested another minute.

After the 8th interval I was sufficiently fatigued and did some tempo back to school. This is a pretty standard workout but I hardly ever do it so it was really hard.

Today is a nice easy tempo workout and tomorrow will be 7x4 (4) at VO2 max which will also hurt. I am going to try and make the Thursday GTC ride and make a second group if possible, focusing on hard tempo. The weekend will bring the first CX workout so that will be fun too.

No comments: