Saturday, March 29, 2008

2 Ways in 1 Day MTB TT Results

The 2W1D MTB TT is a race on the Big Creek MTB trails in Roswell, GA. It is about 2 miles from my high school and I ride it at last once a week. These were the "forbidden trails" my high school students told me about all those years ago and now one of them, Artur Sagat, crushed the course today and was once second away from the course record.

The clockwise direction to me is the harder of the two and we did that first. I led off the race and Artur followed at a 1 minute interval. I was on the single speed (36x18) and he was on a geared bike. He ended up laying 30 seconds into me by the end and finished at 19:55 for the ~6 miles. I finished at 20:23 which was a PR for me. The fastest I had done it previously was a 21:30.

The counter clockwise direction to me is faster and Artur started first and ended with a 19:47, 1 second off the course record. I gave it "all guns at once" and finished 20:30.

In the end I was able to take the single-speed 1st place (40:53) and 2nd overall and Artur finished first overall (39:42).

It was a fun race and a good "prologue" type sprint effort.

No comments: