Saturday, March 08, 2008

Upgrades

I have been making some upgrades to my bikes over the past few weeks. I have my Klein Pinnacle single speed MTB and i just upgraded the wheels and tires. I went tubeless on the wheels using Bontrager Mustang tubeless ready rims. I had to get the rear wheel built because I needed to incorporate the White Industries ENO eccentric hub. Allen Smith at REI did the build and a great job. The front wheel came pre-assembled and with a nice XT front hub. The Bontrager tubeless ready tires were horrible and using soap you could see the air leaking out of the sidewalls. I took them back for some Michelin tires and use Stan's slime and they are working great.

I also went ahead and bought a very nice high end White Industries ENO rear 18 tooth hub. So far I notice a big difference in performance.

I also upgraded my brake system to XTR levers and some fancy teflon cables. Lastly, I bought some new Adidas Addistar MTB shoes which look really nice.

No upgrades on my road bike since I like it pretty much as is.

The biggest upgrade will be next week when I buy a new Honda Element EX. Even though it is not the best car out there, it pretty much has what I want without going full mini van (which was a thought).

No comments: