Thursday, December 27, 2007

I inadvertently cut the cord to my power tap CPU while trying to take it off my bike in the dark. Does this have deeper meaning?

As 2008 approaches there are some cycling projects that I would like to accomplish.
  1. Do some MTB races this year for fun. If I can, I will ride some on the cross bike. Word is that Sven Nys is considering using his cross bike for the Bejing Olyimpic MTB race.
  2. I'd like to get up into the NC mountains on the parkway for 2-3 days this year.
  3. I'd like to organize the street sprints this spring.
  4. I'd like to take my bike to Lincoln, Nebraska this June and ride everyday after grading.
  5. I'd like to do some cross races next fall without training and perhaps travel to New England or Portland/Seattle to do a USGP race and get slaughtered.
  6. I'd like to sell frites next year during the 'cross season.
  7. I think I want to try 6 Gap again. Can I beat 6 hours? Maybe some other centuries too.
  8. Defend my SS state championship. Riiight.
  9. Get my new steel road bike built from Zanconato.
  10. Get out once every 3 months or so and ride the cross bike on the dirt forest service roads around Dahlonega with Dahlonega Wheelworks or maybe Tracy S.
I am going to try and ride 3-4 days a week and swim 2-3 days depending on the week. Running is an option but my body revolts. If I can do it, I'd love to do some of the adult cross country runs next fall.

My only goal in cycling left is to ride a 40km time trial under 60 minutes. When? No idea.

This is all a huge difference from the last 5-6 years and I think it will be good.

No comments: