Thursday, August 24, 2006

5 High Intervals

Part of my new Intensity phase is doing VO2 max intervals at a high level (311-355w). It is easy to start off too hard and pay for it later (Interval 1), and sometimes the intervals almost end up with an even effort (Interval 2). All of the 5 efforts were 90% in the proper range and I felt worked by the end. For the next 3 weeks I'll do submax intervals on Tuesdays of 1 minute or a pyramid from 1 minute to 30 seconds with 2-4 minutes of recovery between. I will also do 3-6, 15-second sprints, mostly from a standing start. Wednesdays are for these VO2 max intervals with an incomplete rest period of only 4 minutes between each. Thursdays are for straight threshold (267-310w) and my cyclocross workouts come on Sundays until next Wednesday when I will try to work my routine into a second cyclocross practice.

Once I come out the other side I hope that my ftp and high end power willl have followed. Since i am not racing, I have to do these workouts to fine tune.

No comments: