Friday, January 04, 2008

Next to cyclocross, the most enjoyable type of riding for me is riding the single speed mountain bike. I really like the freedom only one speed provides and the strength challenge I have to overcome. I mostly ride it at Big Creek Mountain Bike Trails in Roswell, GA because it is a mile from my work, but I also enjoy riding it at Ft. Yargo, the International Horse Park, and Blankets Creek trails as well.

It is a really great way to get a lot out of an hour if that is all you have. It's fun, hard, and a great workout. I am still learning with gear choices and I hope to try it out in the Georgia mountains this spring.

Races/Rides I'd Like to Do This Year (without serious training!):

February 16th: Tundra TT
March ??: GA SS Championship, Conyers?
March 29th: Two Ways in One Day MTB TT
April 13th: Flat Rock Park, Columbus SS MTB or April 19th: Cohutta 35 (on SS)
April 27th: Ft. Yargo SS MTB
May 3: Dirty Spokes 12 Hour (as a team)
May 25th: Heritage SS MTB
July??: GTC Century
August 3rd: Covington Century
September 28th: 6-Gap Century
October 28th: Tumbling Creek MTB Rumble SS
October-December: GA Cross Series

No comments: