Saturday, July 07, 2007

Road Atlanta Circut Race

On July 26th the Gwinnett Bike Festival will have its first stage of 4 at the Road Atlanta race course. This course is used for both car and motorcycle races and is home to the Atlanta Petite Lemond rally race.

I think it will be a very cool race course and I have never raced on a car track before. The loop is around 2.5 miles and it does have hills (see profile below). The race is 28 miles long (11 laps) and I will probably get shelled around lap 3. I expect the pace to be between 24-25 mph in the 40+ and I am not sure I can manage that. But, I'll give it a try and for me it will be a fun experience doubling as a training race.

Here are maps and profile (the start/finish is in the lower right bend and goes clockwise. North is to the bottom of the picture):




No comments: