Saturday, January 27, 2007

Late Week Rides, Fitness and CX World's

Late Week Rides

I did a nice single speed ride at Big Creek yesterday and the new harder loop combined with the other stuff makes about a 22 minute lap now. It is challenging for the SS and very rocky. I like the Tues/Thurs loop better than the Wed/Fri direction--more climbing. I am hoping to do 1 SS ride a week and eventually get in 2 hours.

The Jittery Joes Saturday ride was today and although it has been fast in the past, today it was not so. We rode tempo and got in only 40 miles and 2.5 hours. Going out to the lake is nice but that area is too built up and it is doubtful I'll be back soon when i can ride from my house and get in a better workout.

Fitness
The fitness is returning slowly which is OK. I am now able to do 30 minutes of FT work and I'll do another test in February at the Tundra TT or before. The tempo work needs to be increased a bit right now and without the summer hours it has been challenging for me to get in more than 8 hours a week. All in all I am climbing out of the cellar.

World Championships
Niels Albert and Lars Boom have been talking trash for a few weeks now and I guess that is all over now that Boom pretty much handled Albert to win. It really is a huge Belgian dissapointment if a Belgian does not win but it is good to see Czech, French and Dutch riders being able to contribute and keep it truly a world event and not a Belgian one. Summerhill did great and hopefully he has good coaches that wil not let him get burnt out this year as has happened to other CX racers who have medaled at worlds.

I predict that Nys won't win tomorrow. I get that feeling that a certain Czech rider is on form and will surprise.

No comments: