Saturday, January 20, 2007

Brookhaven-Riverside-Silver Lake

I ventured out from home today and rode north to Roswell to do intervals along my favorite riding place in Atlanta, Riverside-Azalea-Lower Roswell Roads. It is pretty much uphill to Dunwoody, then downhill to the river and then flat along the river. There are a lot of options once you are there and many steep hills in all directions up from the river.

I was shooting for 3 hours and was able to get in my intervals before a relaxing ride around the river area and great views of the Chattahoochee. I also, always do the mile or so dirt road of Old Riverside Road which may be the last dirt road in Roswell.

On the way back I like to ride through the Murphy-Candler Park area and across the dam, then over to Silver Lake and the fantastic 7 hairpins with great views of the small lake. It almost feels like Italy.

Depending on what side diversions I do it is usually around 50-60 miles. I was able to get in 60 minutes of Light (tempo) riding and 24 minutes of Middle (sub-threshold) in nice 15 minute blocks.

My watch and riding time were only off by 5 minutes so that is pretty good for the Atlanta area.

It was about 34 degrees when I started and warmed up to 44 by the time I got home. All in all a nice ride from my front door.

Pictures to follow...

No comments: