Sunday, September 24, 2006

Hot Lap Power at Jim Miller Saturday, September 23


Today I went over to one of the venues and did two blocks of 3 laps at around 20 minutes each. I went at what I would consider a little below race pace since no one was there to push me. My average power (including zeroes) was around 258 Watts which is way lower than my FT Power of 300W. However, there are a lot of zeroes to consider in that data since cyclocross is not steady state. If I take out the zeroes, the most commonly occuring power value is 358W which is much higher than 300W.



I did a quadrant analysis for each set and it is clear that in Laps 4-6 my effort starts to diminish so I still have some muscular endurance to work on. However, the most data points are found in Quad II which is the high force/low velocity area and represents reaccelerations and I have pretty good power there. I have no cyclocross quadrant analysis standard, so I will go from this from now on.



The multi-workout quadrant analysis shows that in laps 4-6 my data is more scattered and I have more Quad III (low poer/low velocity) data points maybe indicating fatigue. I also have more scattered single high power data points in Quad II than I did in Laps 1-3.



The Jim Miller Park course I rode consisted of long flat sections of grass and pavement and two small climbs with plent of downhill recovery, 2 dismounts per lap, and at least 6 sections of twisty pace changing areas that needed reacceleration.

No comments: