Saturday, February 24, 2007

More Single Speed Fun

Due to the President's Day holiday I was able to get in 44 miles of mountain biking this week on the single-speed. I went to Ft. Yargo State Park both times to ride in both directions. The park is pretty nice although the trails are a little monotonous. But the trails are very well maintained and offer a perfect place to ride the single-speed.

It is hard to gauge the power effort for a SS ride since I cannot use the Powertap. The general rule I have seen is that you assign 1 point of "training stress score" per minute of riding. I have found this to be a little low compared to the percieved effort and recovery of these rides. I basically view single-speed MTB as XC BMX for adults and it is comparable to lifting weights with your legs for the duration.

This was a tiring week due to the TT last Saturday and then the MTB and intervals I did. I still came up a bit short on time but hopefully I can get out for a brief spin tomorrow.

The SS Championship race will be hard since the course is much easier than last year and I am sure there will be plenty of bunching which makes the hole shot that much more important.

This is a rest week coming up.

No comments: