Sunday, February 11, 2007

Dan's Macabre Part 2 and Singlespeeding FUN

Thursday was AP night at school which meant that I had to stay until 9pm to convince kids to take my classes next year. It also meant that I had about 1 hour to squeeze in some nice single-speed riding at Big Creek. Big Creek is about 1 mile from my school and even though the trails are not long, I can usually get in a good hour of fun. Having a single speed is sort of like surfing and I totally enjoy it more than geared MTB riding. My only crtiticism would be the long grinding forest service roads in N GA, but isn't that what my 'cxross bike is for in the off-season?

Here is a picture of my bike now complete: Klein Pinnacle (1990), Rockshox Judy XC fork, White Industries Eccentric rear hub, chain, crankset (34x17), Easton Monkey Lite XC bars, Thompson tem and a vintage Shimano Deore XT seatpost with WTB Devo saddle.

Dan's Macabre--Part 2

The Powertap does not lie. This ride is way too hard for me considering the Cat 2 and up company. I was lucky to hang onto their wheels and Theron's lead out on the final sprint was about all I could take. Nasty. No wonder he was pro!

The numbers are only exciting to me, but the biggest surprise was the time spent above threshold. I spent 43 minutes above 296W. I have no business doing this ride again until I make Cat 2. Right. It is absolutely too hard for me unless I was in some sort of crazed intensity stage of training. I basically can't hold these guy's jocks although I did finish in the lead group. It was fun though.


Entire workout (215 watts):
Duration: 2:43:24
Work: 2102 kJ
TSS: 236.8 (intensity factor 0.934)
Norm Power: 262
VI: 1.22
Distance: 53.898 mi
Min Max Avg
Power: 0 994 215 watts
Heart rate: 87 214 153 bpm
Cadence: 29 141 90 rpm
Speed: 2.4 40.5 19.9 mph
Pace 1:29 25:25 3:01 min/mi
Hub Torque: 0 419 80 lb-in
Crank Torque: 0 919 205 lb-in

No comments: