Friday, November 17, 2006

Is it Safe?


I felt like the Marathon Man yesterday as I sat in the dentist's chair trying to get my tooth extracted. The plan was for him to pull the tooth and then just place the implant. However, I knew it was going badly when he busted out the hammer and chisel. he eventually told me that it was not coming out and set up a late appointment for me at a oral surgeon.

I got over there and my dentist actually followed me and helped with the procedure. That was pretty cool. They got out a big drill and bored down around the tooth and pulled it out. Now I am left with a sore jaw and some stiches and soon the bone will grow back and heal in time for the implant next March.

Even though it was a tough few hours, it was incredibly interesting. They were going to use cadaver bone as a graft but decided to leave it be.

No comments: