Sunday, August 27, 2006

Sub-Max Intervals and some Cyclocross Play

I headed out to the "secret" GTC 'cross spot today early and did 6 sub-max intervals before the rest of the folks got there. I did a descending interval set of 60-30 seconds with 5 minutes rest in between. I would like to do all of them at 60 seconds but they would have been too taxing on me for a 'cross workout after. On Tuesday I will resume the 60 second pattern.

The cyclocross practice was good but next week I think I will head over to my "super secret" spot that no one knows about and practice some hot laps. I am afraid that any form I may have might come too early since last year it was right on time and I am way ahead of last year.

In the set that I did I was able to hold some decent averages and set PRs on the 1 minute power. But, I don't do too many of these throughout the year so a PR is no big deal. We also did some starts and I was able to hit 1316W in 12 seconds, which was pretty good. Of course there is no way I could keep up that effort at the start without blowing soon after.

The power to weight ratio for the intervals were: 6.96, 7.34, 7.45, 7.61, 8.36 and 8.27W/kg respectively. I am still considered a high Cat 4 in terms of my 1-minute power, but a low Cat 3 for everything else. Like it matters?

Here are the interval curves:

No comments: